The club has a range of evening and weekend race series throughout the summer, usually from early of October to the middle of May each season, and a Winter series. Inter-Club series with Opua and a three club series with Opua and Kerikeri. Other Weekend Series are single handed and two-handed and the Winter Series four race series.
The Racing Schedule and ODD listing for 2018-19:
Evening Races Season
Made up of generously supported Cater Marine and Omata Estate series on alternative Wednesdays and the Willis Sails series fortnightly on a Friday. Apart from the prizes at stake are a variety of Cups and Trophies divided into a Spring and Summer Series for each made up of six or seven races before and after Christmas each season.
The Women’s Series sponsored by Cater Marine can be a four race series or a one day race as decide by the racing ladies and supported by the race committee.
These series of monthly races are split into three different groups:
- The Duke of Malborough Hotel Series
- North Sails Inter Club Series with Opua Cruising Club
- Epiglass Inter club series – with Opua Cruising Club and Kerikeri
- The Northland Spars and Rigging Two Handed Series
- The Single-Handed Series are three race days.
- We have a four race Winter Series held monthly from June to September each year.