The club has a range of evening and weekend race series throughout the summer, usually from early of October to the middle of May each season. We have a couple of winter series inter-club series in the cooler months; one with Opua and other with Opua and Kerikeri.
The Racing Schedule and ODD listing for 2018-19:
Evening Races Season
Made up of generously supported Cater Marine and Omata Estate series on alternative Wednesdays and the Willis Sails series fortnightly on a Friday. Apart from the prizes at stake are a variety of Cups and Trophies divided into a Spring and Summer Series for each made up of six or seven races before and after Christmas each season.
The Women’s Series sponsored by Cater Marine can be a four race series or a one day race as decided by those racing ladies and fully supported by the clubs’ race committee.
These series of monthly races are split into three different groups:
- The Duke of Marlborough Hotel Series monthly usually on a Sunday through the summer season
- North Sails Inter Club Series with Opua Cruising Club
- Epiglass Inter club series – Kerikeri Cruising Club and Opua Cruising Club
- The Northland Spars and Rigging Two Handed Series
- Our sponsor free Single-Handed Series over three days of racing.
- We have a four race Winter Series held monthly from June to September each year.